Tuesday 14 September 2010

Roald Dahl day

OK so technically it was yesterday as it's now after midnight but I was working tonight so I couldn't do anything for it.
This made me think about books I liked when I was younger, Roald Dahl or not. I still have some in my collection now. I don't know about anyone else but Roald Dahl was a mainstay in my school's library, right up to Primary 7. I highly doubt I've read all his books but I have definitely read a good chunk.

I still own George's Marvellous Medicine, Fantastic Mr Fox and James and the Giant Peach. Of the three George's Marvellous Medicine was always my favourite. I also loved BFG, The Twits, Matilda, The Witches and there was one particular compilation book I loved but can't remember what one (there must have been more than one).

Of the non-Roald Dahl books I loved as a kid, I still own Carbonel and The Chronicles of Narmo. I read all the Sweet Valley books over my lifetime and recently found out that they are being brought back out again! I also read all the point books, for example point horror, point romance etc. They were aimed at teenagers. I still own the Forbidden Game trilogy and still love Julian. I think he may have been my first literary crush.

What were your favourite books as a child?

Oh and I still love The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

No comments:

Post a Comment