Sunday 7 November 2010

Books vs films/TV

Since I read Alpha and it gave me a huge lump in my throat, I realised I can cry over books a lot easier than films or TV.

I mean, films and TV programmes can sometimes give me a lump in my throat but I've never watched any that actually caused me to cry. But I have actually shed tears over books and the only reason I didn't cry over Alpha was because I had to put it down after reading a particular scene. I think because it was a scene that I can't even comprehend having to cope with myself.

I used to think I was weird when people said they cried over certain films or programmes but I hadn't. Even though films can give me a lump in my throat, it's generally only films about animals. For example, Marley and Me. But I think it's because I can use my own imagination with a book and that makes it worse.

What about you? Does anyone else cry more over books than films or is it vice versa?

1 comment:

  1. I cry at them all. Music hits me hard, so I think that is what catches me more than the visuals in movies or shows. Books get to me for the same reason as you. I can imagine the scene and the feelings involved, and it pulls at me.

    ReplyDelete