Sunday 6 February 2011

My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent

When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop sensation Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn't wail, she knows something is dead wrong. Kaylee can't cry for someone who has no soul.

Soon Kaylee finds that Eden's not the only starry-eyed girl who traded her life for a flickering moment of fame - a deal that has dark consequences no mortal could understand.

Banshee Kaylee swears to help those lost souls. But school football star Nash - Kaylee's newly acquired, not to mention super-hot, boyfriend - refuses to let her in harm's way. Still Kaylee knows it's her duty to save the innocent from the Netherworld - even if it means putting her own soul - and love life - at risk...


Click here to read my review of My Soul to Take, the first in the Soul Screamers series.

This one takes place about 6 weeks after that last one ended and Kaylee is taking bean sidhe lessons from Nash's mum. I like the relationship Kaylee and Nash have with Nash's mother, Harmony seems like a nice laid back parent, although she is 80 years old so I suppose she's had a lot of time to hone her patience.

Nash and Kaylee's relationship is growing at a fast pace. Nash is very protective of Kaylee and wants to keep her from anything dangerous, but being a bean sidhe, this is not entirely possible.

I love Rachel Vincent's writing style, she keeps you interested and keeps the storyline going at a steady pace. I have nothing but praise for Rachel as an author so I can't possibly say anything bad about this book. Go pick it up and give it a read, it's worth it.


Book Depository: My Soul To Save
Amazon UK: My Soul to Save

No comments:

Post a Comment