Saturday 30 April 2011

Frost Moon by Anthony Francis

Her Magic Will Get Under Your Skin

Her Story Will Fill Your Imagination

Dakota Frost's Enthralling Saga Begins . . .

In an alternate Atlanta where magic is practiced openly, where shapeshifters party at the urban clubs and vampires rule the southern nights like gangsters, where demure witches sip coffees at the local cafes and mysterious creatures command the dark caverns beneath the city, Dakota Frost's talents are coveted by all: She's the best magical tattoo artist in the southeast: a SkinDancer, able to bring her amazing tats to life. When a serial killer begins stalking Atlanta's tattooed elite, the police and Feds seek Dakota's help. Can she find the killer in the dark fringe of the city's magical Edgeworld? What kind of enemies and allies will she attract among the powerful outcasts and tormented loners, who see her as a threat, a seduction, an unexpected champion . . . or as delicious prey.


I loved this book so much! It has a sexy lead lady, with the most awesome hair plus she's a tattoo artist .... a magical tattoo artist at that! Obviously with my love of tattoos, the blurb jumped out at me as soon as I read about it.

I really enjoyed Dakota. She's a great character with an edge that, even she admits, is mostly an act. When I started reading this I instantly pictured a tattoo artist who's work I love. Her name is Rachael Huntington, and not only does she look like Dakota (well, how I pictured her anyway)but she's also an amazing artist who I one day hope to get a tattoo from.

Anthony Francis creates a fantastic world with really well written characters. I love the thought of magical tattoos and would love for them to be real. Definitely a must read and I can't wait to read the next book in the series. The author also has plans for a YA series featuring Cinnamon, Dakota's (reluctantly acquired) sidekick.


Book Depository: Frost Moon
Amazon UK: Frost Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment