Thursday 4 August 2011

My Soul To Keep by Rachel Vincent

Kaylee has one addiction in her life: Her boyfriend Nash.

Like Kaylee, Nash is a banshee. So he understands her like no one else. Nothing - supernatural or otherwise - can come between them. That is, until something does.

Demon's breath - a potent paranormal drug with the power to kill. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. Kaylee and Nash need to cut off the source and protect their human friends - one of whom is already hooked.

But Kaylee's plans are soon derailed when she uncovers another secret demon's breath addict in their midst. Nash.

Now she's ready to kick some serious Netherworld butt - but is it too late to save the boy who's stolen her heart?


This is book three in the Soul Screamers series, the first two books are My Soul To Take and My Soul To Save.

My one problem with this book was the fact that Nash's addiction was given away in the blurb. Even with all of Rachel Vincent's hint-dropping, it was still a major part of the story and I feel it could have been more of an "oh-my-god" moment than it was. Of course, this has nothing to do with the book or the author, it's just something that bugs me when a huge thing is given away in the blurb.

This series is still going strong and I can't wait to read the next one (I'll need to check if I can get the UK cover yet or if I'll have to wait). Unlike a lot of Supernatural books, we learnt about Kaylee's banshee powers at the same time as her so we've gotten to see her grow while she learns to live with her curse powers.

I absolutely love Rachel Vincent's writing style and am always eagerly awaiting a new release. She knows how to keep you turning the pages and writes fun and readable characters.


Book Depository: My Soul To Keep
Amazon UK: My Soul To Keep

No comments:

Post a Comment