Monday 21 November 2011

No Rest For The Witches by Karina Cooper

New Seattle is changing. Witches and witch hunters have become allies, and the holy order’s grip on the city is slipping. But they won’t go down without a fight . . .

After the disastrous end to their last mission, Jessie, Silas, and Naomi regroup at their sanctuary far beneath New Seattle. But their brief rest is shattered when Jessie “sees” two of their own attacked topside. Dodging bullets and black magic, they risk it all on a treacherous rescue mission. They’re already stretched to the limit, and danger waits in unexpected corners. If the Order finds them, the team is as good as dead. But they can’t hide forever . . .


I read Before The Witches ages ago and have still not gotten round to reading the first 2 actual books, but that's because I can't find them .... yet. This is another novella set between Lure of the Wicked and All Things Wicked, I believe.

So I know I've missed a huge chunk of story but I saw it on Netgalley and had to grab it. I suppose that poses a problem in itself because it's just a wee novella so there's not a lot I can review on since I don't know the back stories of the characters. I gather they're in Blood of the Wicked and Lure of the Wicked, which I do plan on buying as soon as I can get them in the right format.

I love Karina's writing style and, even though this is only a very short story, she still manages to captivate the reader and it's still an unputdownable book. I am currently desperately trying to get my hands on the 2 books I've missed so I can catch up on the story, and I do realise I've completely spoilered myself.


Book Depository: No Rest For The Witches
Amazon UK: No Rest for the Witches

No comments:

Post a Comment