Monday 16 April 2012

Forgiven: The Demon Trappers by Jana Oliver

The stakes are high when you bet on your soul ...

Hell's finest are ruling the streets and it seems that Armageddon might be even closer than Riley Blackthorne imagined. But with her soul and her heart in play it's all she can do to keep herself alive, let alone save the world. Riley's not afraid of kicking some major demon butt, but when it comes to a battle between Heaven and Hell, she might need a little help ...


I. FREAKING. LOVE. THIS. SERIES!!! I love Riley. I love Beck. I love the trappers. I love the little ninja klepto demon. There's only one thing I don't love about this series, and it's Stewart. That is purely because (as I've said in other reviews) I have major problems with how non-Scots write Scottish language. Even though I now know how difficult it is to write the Scottish language in a way that non-Scots will understand, it still bothers me when I read it. But that problem has absolutely nothing to do with this fab series and everything to do with my little irks.

This book, as with the last book, starts exactly where the last book left off. There's no 3 month gap or anything like that, which is great if the last book is still fresh in your mind and not so great if it's been a while since you read it.

Riley has to deal with the fallout of what happened with Ori and also with telling Beck about it, all while trying to keep out of the Hunters hands. Riley's had to grow up a lot since the first book but more so in this book, she realises a lot and has to deal with it. It's hard to talk about this book without squeeing over my favourite bit!

All I'll say is: It finally happens and then it goes all wrong. This leaves me HUNGERING for the next book!


Book Depository: Forgiven
Amazon UK: Forgiven

No comments:

Post a Comment