Thursday 3 May 2012

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

katniss Everdeen survived the Hunger Games. Now the Capitol wants revenge.

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark are still alive. Katniss should be relieved, but now there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol - a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create.

As the nation watches Katniss and Peeta, the stakes are higher than ever. One false move and the consequences will be unimaginable.


The sequel to the amazing The Hunger Games, Catching Fire is the second in the Hunger Games trilogy.

I'm a tad behind in the Hunger Games phenomenon since I've only just read the 2nd and I haven't even bought the 3rd yet (although this is mainly through the change in cover in the UK and also lack of funds), but I have to say, I'm enjoying the series. Katniss is a likeable lead, even if she can be a bit whiny and self obsessed at times. One character I'd love to see more of is Gale, I much prefer him to Peeta for Katniss but only the 3rd book shall tell which one Collins chooses for her.

It's interesting to read about the victors after the Games. They don't return to work/school and instead have to take up a hobby, Katniss only has hunting which she's not legally allowed to do so she must choose something else. They also move house to the Victor's Village but they get to keep their old house so their family has somewhere to go if they die (cheery outlook on life). And then they also get to look forward to being future contestant's mentors in the Games, which really isn't any kind of fun.

Catching Fire was slow to start, for me, but has a good storyline once you get into the book. Nothing seems to happen for quite some time and then we get some action. The ending is intriguing and I shall be going out tomorrow night and buying Mockinjay so I can find out what happens next.


Book Depository: Catching Fire
Amazon UK: Catching Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment