Thursday 19 July 2012

Even White Trash Zombies Get The Blues by Diana Rowland

Angel Crawford is finally starting to get used to life as a brain-eating zombie, but her problems are far from over. Her felony record is coming back to haunt her, more zombie hunters are popping up, and she's beginning to wonder if her hunky cop-boyfriend is involved with the zombie mafia. Yeah, that's right - the zombie mafia.

Throw in a secret lab and a lot of conspiracy, and Angel's going to need all of her brainpower - and maybe a brain smoothie as well - in order to get through it without falling apart.


Angel's enjoying her job and getting used to life as a zombie when she get robbed - for a body. Her name gets dragged through the mud as people blame her for the body going missing and she gets into trouble as she tries to clear her name. Unfortunately she's into something she couldn't even begin to imagine and needs her "zombie super powers" to help her out.

This one didn't suck me in as quick as the first book but once I was in there, I didn't want to get back out. Rowland writes a great story with great characters that, once I got into the story, done a good job of sucking me in and keeping me reading. This book, like the first, has some great humour in it - and I love a book that makes me laugh. A lot of authors go for the serious story telling or, when they try humour, it's not as funny as they maybe thought it was. But Rowland really managed to make me laugh out loud at parts.

"Zombie Super Powers, activate, you fucking bitches."

Book Depository: Even White Trash Zombies Get The Blues
Amazon UK: Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment