Tuesday 10 July 2012

Revenge is Sweet by Misty Evans

I'm Kali Sweet, the best damn vengeance demon on Earth. I work for the supernatural world's Justice Department and protect innocent humans from otherworldly creatures like me. While I can't take revenge for myself, I make sure justice is done for others. But when my latest run-in with Chicago's vampire king backfires, the fallout leaves me with three big problems: a powerful Undead enemy who wants my head, my boss looking over my shoulder, and three personal blood slaves jeopardising my reputation. One of those slaves happens to be sexy rock star Radison Beaumont - the half-human, half-chaos demon who left me at the altar three hundred years ago. Even if he does need my blood now to survive, Rad and I will always be enemies. Especially since he's joined an ancient society of demon killers - and I'm the number one demon on their most wanted list.

I stumbled upon Misty Evans when I found Soul Survivor, having loved that I read Soul Protector and decided I liked the cover for Revenge is Sweet so I downloaded a sample then bought the book as soon as I had finished the sample. So, in short, I really enjoy Misty Evans!

Kali is a vengeance demon and a kick-ass enforcer for the Bridge Council - they're kinda like the police of the supernatural world. She has to give a warning to the vamp king of her region but it doesn't end too well when he kidnaps her and ties her to blood slaves - which is enough to get her fired. She runs into old-flame and ex-hubby-to-be and old feeling flare to life, even when she finds out he's a Noct and she shouldn't be involved, she just can't help herself. So now she has to face her new vamp-leader life as well as keep secrets from her mind-reading boss and try and fight her lust for Rad.

I really, really liked Kali, she's completely no nonsense. Kinda like if Buffy was a demon (which I suppose she was really), an old demon with LOADS of powers - not just strength. I seem to like strong-willed female leads, particularly ones who aren't all human so Kali was an awesome read for me.

Already downloaded the next book which will be read after my next 2 books (sorry Kali, but the other 2 books were waiting first).


Book Depository: Revenge is Sweet
Amazon UK: Revenge Is Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment