Wednesday 28 January 2015

Forsaken by Kelley Armstrong **SPOILERS IN BOOK DESCRIPTION FOR PREVIOUS STORYLINES**

Being Alpha of the North American Pack is like being a small-town sheriff — nobody wants the job, but someone's gotta do it.

For the most part, Elena Michaels likes it just fine, even if it means dealing with arrogant misogynists in the werewolf world who are convinced that a woman isn't up to the job.

That she could handle. What she never expected was a deadly threat to her eight-year-old twins. That her little girl could go missing in the night.

The enemy thought he was dealing with a hysterical mother.

Mother, yes. Hysterical, no.

Elena was Alpha for a reason. And nothing would stop her from getting her child back.


Elena is missing the start of her annual family holiday because she's in London trying to make a misogynistic Pack leader see sense. When she gets home, it's to a missing daughter and the possibility of a major Pack threat being back.

Now, a review of a Kelley Armstrong book is always going to be glowing from me because I love the woman and all the words that come from her fingertips. Forsaken is no different.

It's set after all the other Otherworld books (latest in series), I think Goodreads has it listed as 13.4. Since we're not getting full length novels any more, the Sub Press novellas are the only way to get my Otherworld fix (well, besides re-reading the series but in this case I mean a new fix). As I've stated in the title, so much has happened in the series that even a blurb isn't spoiler free anymore.

Elena is having to prove herself as Alpha to all other Alphas since they think it's just a ploy and either she and Clay are co-Alphas or Clay is the real Alpha and they're just using her as a figurehead to prove something. I'm loving the different side of Clay and Elena as parents that we're getting in these novellas. I'm also loving seeing Logan and Kate grow up, they're both so different but so like their parents.

As sad as I am about the Otherworld hiatus, I'm so grateful for these novellas being released because I like seeing my favourite characters age and grow up and mature in their own way.

What I don't love is that this ended in such a way that I'm now impatiently waiting for the announcement of the next novella to see what happens. Armstrong writes such exciting stories that you just want to stay in her world all the time. If I didn't need to sleep, work and eat I'd happily just read her world constantly.

Her work also has the added bonus of pulling me out a reading funk and making me want to dive into books again. Although it's her books I want to read right now and not the huge pile of TBRs I have to tackle.


Amazon UK: Forsaken
Subterranean Press: Forsaken

No comments:

Post a Comment