Friday 20 March 2015

Night Broken by Patricia Briggs

Mercy Thompson's life is never simple.

Her mate Adam's ex-wife is in trouble, on the run from her new boyfriend. Adam won't turn her away, but Mercy can't shake the feeling that something isn't right.

Soon, Mercy learns that Adam's former partner has the furthest thing from good intentions. She wants Adam back and will do anything to get him, including turning Adam's pack against Mercy.

Meanwhile, there's an even more dangerous threat circling. The boyfriend is more than a bad man - in fact, he may not be human at all. As the bodies pile up, Mercy finds herself facing a creature with the power to tear her world apart.


This series is really waxing and waning for me with the last few books. I disliked River Marked but I really liked Frost Burned and this one was very "meh" for me. I have no desire to pay hardback prices for this series so I even waited a year before I read this.

My main problem with this book was how overdone the "Christy-is-a-bad-person" thing was. I mean, I understand that Christy is a bit of a bitch and I was well prepared to hate her. I just felt the whole thing could have been a bit more subtly, it was too in your face with the reasons why she was a bad guy and it bothered me.

Tad gets some good book time in this and we see a show of his powers as he helps Mercy out of a somewhat sticky situation.

I will continue with this series so I can see what happens next but I'll probably never be in a hurry to buy the books again.


Book Depository: Night Broken
Amazon UK: Night Broken

No comments:

Post a Comment